Choosing a PEO that conforms to your organization’s needs is essential in establishing a long term business relationship.
There are several factors to be considered in this process:
- How long has the PEO been in business?
- NAPEO (national)
- Have they complied with their specific PEO registration requirements in the states that you are doing business?
- Do they have a voice mail or a “live” receptionist? At CSS, you will never get voicemail during business hours. There are no call centers or automated attendants.
- Is their service agreement clear and concise as to each party’s responsibilities and liabilities?
- Are they flexible and adaptable to your individual needs?
- Fee Schedule – Flat rate or percentage based? Flat rate fee schedules are easier for clients to calculate and budget and prevent “hidden costs”.
- Does the PEO offer a variety of health plans to suit your employee’s needs both locally and nationally?
- Does the PEO offer other benefits, i.e. 401K, life insurance, short term disability, flexible spending accounts which are part of a complete package often desired by current and future employees?
- Does the PEO have department specific professionals, i.e. taxes, payroll, benefits, 401K?